07 December, 2006

The beauty of the Emirates

What I love about this time of year is that you can fall in love with all the good things in the Emirates.
Drive out into the desert and look at the dunes, see the way they are shaped and watch the shadows of the clouds move across the sands - it's so beautiful. The different colours of sand and the way it feels when you let it trickle through your fingers.
Liwa makes me wish I was free enough so that I could ride through the villages on a camel and hunt like they used to do (not likely since I am a female). The beauty of the dunes makes my heart cry with joy.
The jagged rocks of the East coast make me feel content and protected. I dream of paddling in the sea every morning at dawn and then walking back to my bayt that has a beautiful coloured gate built between the mountains but with a view of the sea from the roof.
In Dubai I love the Creek in winter when you can ride on the abra and feel the spray from the sea on your face - it's cold and energising and the smell of the Creek along it's banks reminds me of when I was young.
And then there is the streets full of trees in Abu Dhabi that are full of new growth - almost like a new beginning.
I love the winter it is the season of renewal and rediscovery.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Marry me.

blogrosh said...

Beautiful write up GP :)

Hatem said...

Nice words Gulf Pearl. It’s nice to see the filled half of the glass and speak about it; rather than seeing the empty half and make it a scandal…

localexpat said...

i tired to start a discussion about what everyone thinks is great about dubai and it turned into another UAE-Bashing tournament....

http://uaecommunity.blogspot.com/2006/11/so-whats-make-dubai-so-special.html

lol

Anonymous said...

ka

Rejected said...

"rather than seeing the empty half and make it a scandal…"

Ouch!!

horace said...

right toe!

dredge said...

you should've been in my car the other night to enjoy the beauty of driving in the heavy rain and the bliss of not being able to see the street lanes or speed humps; plus the thrill of getting almost killed by morons who drive without seeming to notice the change in weather conditions!

ch-ina said...

u mean?

Post a Comment

NOTE: By making a post/comment on this blog you agree that you are solely responsible for its content and that you are up to date on the laws of the country you are posting from and that your post/comment abides by them.

To read the rules click here

If you would like to post content on this blog click here