21 October, 2005

Hi to all UAE Bloggers

First of all, "thanks" secretdubai for the invite. I've been blogging over the past few months about the Dubai Marina--specifically about one of those new high-rise towers. Here's my plug... MAG 218 Community. It's a site for anyone who's already bought or interested in getting a flat in that tower. But it isn't just about that. There's a lot of info relevant to the Dubai Marina and property ownership in Dubai in general. So, I hope any property buyers or those interested in the subject check it out.

Dubai is so much in the news these days, and deservedly so. Here's a great link to a special feature about Dubai in the New Yorker Magazine. (You'll need a Flash player plug-in in your brower to view it.) Check it out.

BTW... my Webmaster moniker is the ID I use with the MAG 218 site. I'm not the master of this website! Cheers.

3 comments:

secretdubai said...

I met the guy that wrote that article, but I can't get a copy of it. A friend may be bringing one over from Canada, in which case I'll scan (and maybe transcribe) it - at least anything juicy that relates to internet/censorship/hot gossip ;)

B.D. said...

So you met the writer of the article. Can you give us a little background? It would be interesting to know about his personal impressions of Dubai. Was it his first time here?

secretdubai said...

He had no preconceived notions - he seemed to come here with a really open mind. I can't really tell until I see the article what he thought, but the usual things - massive construction etc - obviously caused an impression. I think it was his first time here.

Post a Comment

NOTE: By making a post/comment on this blog you agree that you are solely responsible for its content and that you are up to date on the laws of the country you are posting from and that your post/comment abides by them.

To read the rules click here

If you would like to post content on this blog click here