Posting and Commenting rules:
The 2 main rules of this blog...
- Posting is a privilege and not a right. Admins may edit/remove your post for any reason that they state.
- By making a post/comment on this blog you agree that you are solely responsible for its content and that you are up to date on the laws of the country you are posting from and that your post/comment abides by them.
- Obscenely-hateful, obscenely-racist and comments inferring violence against other users are prohibited.
- Detailing methods of bypassing the proxy is prohibited as it may get the site banned.
- Listing information considered private is prohibited. Inciting other users to do anything similar, discussing it (even if it is meant to be in a light hearted manner) is prohibited.
- Harassing, intimidating and/or threatening users is prohibited.
- Posting deliberately confusing/obscure messages is prohibited; this includes using the avatars, usernames, names and/or likeness of other users.
- Commercial posts and comments are prohibited; NO commercially oriented postings, NO advertising, NO promoting events and NO advertising in the comments section.
- NO SEO ADVERTISING (search engine optimization)
- In some circumstances (usually where users security/privacy is threatened), posts and comments may be removed, redacted, or disabled by admins for any reason.
There are some rules and restrictions that relate to privacy--it is aimed that the privacy of all bloggers and commenters is respected, however users that continually threaten, spam and/or harass may not have this respected.
Additional policies & information
Anonymous and non-member comments are placed in a moderation queue that is controlled by a few admins. Even if your comment is published it may be deleted at a later stage in keeping with the rules and to ensure discussions remain on topic.
Relevance is always a touchy subject on this blog; It is sometimes difficult to judge what is relevant and what is not.
Blog posts should preferably have some relevance to the UAE or the immediate surrounding area.
Occasional off-topic posts are tolerated, however it would be nice to see the majority of posts remain about the UAE.
In the commenting section, off-topic comments are permitted as long as the general topic remains the same.
Comment wars may be allowed for some time however users will eventually be asked to stop and return to the original topic. Comments may be permanently deleted to restore the post to its original topic.
FormattingIt would be nice if everyone kept their posts with the same formatting; this means that information is easier for people to read and ensures readability by all browsers and operating systems.
- When quoting news articles, don’t paste an entire article; link/reference all sources.
- Please avoid modifying the fonts used on your posts, leave the default font; bold, italics etc are acceptable.
- No large font titles/introductions, large images, flash content etc; please link to content that may take a long time to load rather than embed it.
- Cross post in moderation. Linking to your blog 70 posts in a row is generally frowned upon. If you’re linking to your blog, it should be for a reason.
- Please avoid using flash applets (youtube is accepted on occasion, but limit it to one video per post). This is because users on older computers may be unable to load the content--you can always link to sites.
- Failure to follow these guidelines will result in me or another admin editing your post and leaving a comment stating why.