09 July, 2006

From Richmond to Dubai

Who among you have heard of a city in the United States called Richmond, Virginia? For what seems like mysterious reasons now, I remember this city as a 21st century marvel--at least, that is how I saw it at the age of 7 in 1968. To keep a long story short, I was a little kid in the back seat of my parent's car. We were riding along a freeway in Richmond, on the way to Washington, D.C. Now that was the first and last time I ever visited (or passed through) Richmond. But what I remember seeing through the window were towering skyscrapers along the edge of the highway. It made a lasting impression on me.

Fast-forward and I'm really in the 21st century now. Almost like the kid I was then, I am mesmerized by all the incredible and incredibly tall buildings coming up in Dubai. To that I've penned my latest post in A Word A Day entitled simply, Buildings.

BTW: Are those buildings in Richmond all that great, actually?

No comments:

Post a Comment

NOTE: By making a post/comment on this blog you agree that you are solely responsible for its content and that you are up to date on the laws of the country you are posting from and that your post/comment abides by them.

To read the rules click here

If you would like to post content on this blog click here