21 September, 2005

"I'm not sexist" - yes, you are - AND misinformed AND deluded

I’m not sexist - but still say women can’t drive

This letter is regarding the criticism I have been receiving since writing about women being bad drivers. I am not judging female drivers by keeping one incident in mind, as the list is very long.

First of all they drive or should I say they stroll in the overtaking lane without glancing in their mirror.

I agree with one writer saying women are rarely involved in accidents, well if you note women drivers are out numbered so densely by men drivers hence making it a one-sided show.

Keeping in mind the ratio in a day if two ladies are involved in an accident consider it as a catastrophe.

I didn’t seem to understand the logic in Christine Sheppard’s letter as she says, ‘the reason female drivers don’t take accidents lightly because they respect and value their fellow road user, so you think we don’t value any life what so ever.”

Reality check ladies. The reason female drivers are worse than male drivers is simply because male drivers (not all) always keeps a calm head and knows what he is doing behind the wheel.

I am not a sexist or a hypocrite just a person who wants the roads of UAE be a bit safer and traffic free. I apologise if I offended any one.


What a complete and utter tit.

The fact that women in countries worldwide get cheaper insurance than men ought to give this cretin a clue.

The sooner a (male!) driver rearends some sense into him the better.

4 comments:

redstar said...

The guy who undertook me on the SZ Rd yesterday, forcing me into the central reservation to avoid a collision wasn't keeping a calm head and certainly had no idea what he was doing behind the wheel. Perhaps his tinting was so effective that he was unable to see any of the other cars on the road. Thank you for nearly killing me.

Anonymous said...

I'd say that about fifty percent of each sex is incapable of driving in a manner even remotely resembling ablility.

Anonymous said...

If women are to be rated as "ubable to drive" then where does that put UAE National men? ;D

Emirati said...

Due to biological factors (composition of the mind, chemical properties), the performance of men under dangerous spilt second descisions is better. This is the same reason why men get into more accidents than woman. Too much confidence in that same 'superior' instinct.

Post a Comment

NOTE: By making a post/comment on this blog you agree that you are solely responsible for its content and that you are up to date on the laws of the country you are posting from and that your post/comment abides by them.

To read the rules click here

If you would like to post content on this blog click here