25 October, 2006

The Great Dubai Novel

It's NaNoWriMo time again (National Novel Writing Month - when people try to write a 50,000 word novel from scratch) and there doesn't seem to be a regional forum for the UAE or the Gulf there.

I can't enter officially, because I'm already 10,000 words into my novel, which breaks the rules, but I think it would be good fun and discipline to join in the 50k effort anyway.

Is anyone else planning to enter NaNoWriMo and/or write a juicy and exciting thriller about the UAE? If so let's try and get a forum going for mutual support and late night writer's block remedies.

8 comments:

marwan said...

Sounds pretty fun. If I hadn't written ten jillion words in essays recently, I'd take part.

Here's another idea: Why don't we have an anthology of stories from Dubai?

Mrs. Azucena said...

We do have an anthology of UAE Stories, in the works why not join, me in writing it?
Hey SD, I'm in it to win it. Let's go! I did it last year and it was crazy fun.
Let's put UAE on the map!

Mme Cyn said...

I'm signed up for NaNoWriMo this year, but haven't got a plot. I wonder...

Anonymous said...

Can non residents participate as well? I would love to take part, just for the fun and be connected to the UAE.

Mrs. Azucena said...

Anyone any where no ikamah needed just join up and if you don't know what you are writing, no problem, just write.

snow white said...

am tempted, but know i'll peak too early -

Anonymous said...

I've got one. What happens when five guys in dishdash show up at your door unannounced? I'll be letting you know soon enough now that i've been, um, repatriated.

brooklyn

Anonymous said...

oh, but this would be nonfiction.

Post a Comment

NOTE: By making a post/comment on this blog you agree that you are solely responsible for its content and that you are up to date on the laws of the country you are posting from and that your post/comment abides by them.

To read the rules click here

If you would like to post content on this blog click here