05 March, 2009

Calling all shutterbugs...

Since there is such a massive interest in photography, I thought I'd let you guys know about this upcoming event.

Gulf Photo Plus (GPP), the region’s only dedicated Photography Event, will be held from March 30 to April 4, and features workshops and seminars from 13 of the world's best photographers.

Beginner to professional photographers can participate in a host of related activities, to be held at the Dubai Knowledge Village Conference Center.

Learn from the likes of Joe McNally, Cliff Mautner, Chase Jarvis and David Hobby; or just pick the brains and steal the secrets of David Nightingale, Bobbi Lane or Asim Rafiqui.

In addition, the popular ‘Photo Friday’ event on 3rd April will include tips and techniques from a choice of lectures, mini-workshops and live demonstrations from world-class photographers and brand experts.

For more information, please visit http://www.gulfphotoplus.com/gpp2009/

Join the Facebook group!

8 comments:

nzm said...

At the risk of alienating the other speakers, I can recommend seeing Joe if you're into Photojournalism and Cliff is a wedding photographer extraordinaire.

Great lineup of speakers.

Anonymous said...

I have attended last year and so this year too...

I am booking my seat with Booby lane this time :)

Stained said...

Being an aspiring photographer, all of the workshops are too costly for me and many other people to afford it...

Parv said...

Stained - you should try out the Photo Friday event on April 3rd. For Dhs.150, you can access 'abridged' versions of all the workshops, for the entire day. Still a great way to pick up a couple of tips from the pros.

Plus, if you're in the market for new gear, loads of displays and special offers from the big players like Canon, Nikon, Apple, Sandisk, Fujifilm, etc.

Anonymous said...

Stained, how good are you with taking pictures of cars?

The Ego said...

@ AbiT: He's very good.

Anonymous said...

@Stained: I agree most of the courses are between US300 to $500 for a one day workshop is rather too much and you could buy new gear for that price.

but I find it worth it... the knowledge you will learn from those pros is very valuable for me...

I am into Portrait photography and so I make sure not miss some of the workshops this april.

as the "the lady" mentioned, attend the Photo Friday... its a great day to meet many photographers and share knowledge.. I will be attending that too :)

Anonymous said...

thank you for the post, I am definitely going on friday 3d. I am still thinking if i should take an expensive workshop though.

Post a Comment

NOTE: By making a post/comment on this blog you agree that you are solely responsible for its content and that you are up to date on the laws of the country you are posting from and that your post/comment abides by them.

To read the rules click here

If you would like to post content on this blog click here