01 September, 2007

Free Food Offer.....

Well last night as I walked to a restaurant to get dinner for my family I was offered food [lunch more like] by an Arab man. He seemed to be in his 30's, was driving a Toyota Land Cruiser[2005 model I think] with an Abu Dhabi number plate and had a female passenger with him. I was so surprised by this that I blurted out a hasty 'no' and walked off. This happened in the inner roads behind Renaissance hotel in Deira.

Later on I gave it a thought and could not conclude why this certain Arab behaved in such a manner. Maybe he thought I was a poor labourer without enough food to eat [I'm quite skinny] or maybe he saw hunger in my eyes when I glared at him while he took a U-turn while almost hitting the pavement I was walking on or he just wanted a good laugh. What ever the reason might be, it was weird. Maybe Dubai has indeed changed more than I thought.

Has something like this ever happened to anyone else??? or have I been the only fortunate one who has got such an offering. Hmmm...maybe I do look malnutritioned, time to hit that gym I've been planning for years... ;)

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Maybe you reminded him of his watchman.

Anonymous said...

Get new clothes...

i*maginate said...

OK *Stained, here is a serious comment (compared to the ones above):

Perhaps this kind of "experience" could be left for your personal blog, which I visit, as you know.

This personal experience of yours is hardly a matter for the UAE community, yeah? ;)

Stained said...

right, thanks.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the post mate. Good to be forewarned.
One cannot be too careful these days.

The Ego said...

Nah, this post could be a UAE community type of post...
Well...You don't look like a watchman, you do need new clothes and you are too thin :P

I didn't know abt this though :|

i*maginate said...

anon 18:53 what is that supposed to mean? "One cannot be too careful these days"

That you should watch trees grow and post about the slow speed at which they rise?

haha

Anonymous said...

I thought this article was about me! Except that i have Nissan Patrol not Land Cruiser. last Thursday.. I bought Knafa from a resturant that i dont know. I didnt like the way they served it and i was driving by ADNOC car wash so I thought it would be better to give it to someone workin in this awesome weather instead of throwin it in the grabage. I didnt touach it though.

Anonymous said...

In this place trees don't grow. They just appear or disappear!

Anonymous said...

Stained, you don't need to hit the gym yet. First, turn into a glutton. After that, pump some iron - LOL

Anonymous said...

Stained,
Damn, you didn’t tell us all this time that you are really a “luscious blonde” – no wonder a gentleman is trying to buy you dinner :- ))) (happens all the time in the UAE)
So unfair to hide this piece of information :- ( Buuuuuh ….

secretdubai said...

Nah, this post could be a UAE community type of post...

Exactly. It's a fine post for here, particularly as you want people's opinions.

Anonymous said...

its time u leered into ppls eyes at burjer kings and kfcs. its gonna make em cry till they pass u thier fries.

Para Glider said...

Stained - what I liked about this post was that it was not a rehashed article or a link to some news story or other. It was that rarest of things here - an original posting! Not earth-shattering in any way. Just a personal experience. This puts it at the top of its own food chain, however short the chain. That's a better place to be than pecking at the crumbs dropped by the periodicals only to regurgitate them later like some demented mother pigeon.

Post a Comment

NOTE: By making a post/comment on this blog you agree that you are solely responsible for its content and that you are up to date on the laws of the country you are posting from and that your post/comment abides by them.

To read the rules click here

If you would like to post content on this blog click here