09 November, 2005

Emarat atrocity

Many people have doubtless been following the Emarat-employee-strip-searching saga with a sense of increasing disgust.

According to someone here, the management do in fact keep the tips they confiscate (=STEAL):

"I just came back from an Emarat station, I asked 2 of the station attendants what happened to tips and they both told me management takes it. I asked about the searching and they said yes it happens, instead of tipping this time, I shook the gentleman’s hand and that is the last time I will buy gas from Emarat. I asked about the searches and he said this happens.

"I asked them if they knew Eppco/Enoc attendants and they said they did, these stations allow their employees to keep tips earned."


In order to be as fair as possible to Emarat I plan to do my own investigations, and if I confirm similar, I vote for a total boycott of Emarat and a letter-writing campaign to all the papers. If anyone else finds out anything more about this, please do post below (anonymously, if you prefer).

To take money given in good faith by a customer to an attendant that has rendered them an extra service in the dust and heat is execrable behaviour. It is theft and exploitation.

Emarat might also like to explain why there are no signs around their petrol stations advising customers not to tip in the first place?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad someone made the effort to find out more... Doesn't take a genius to figure out where the cash goes.. into someone's pocket - THAT'S WHERE!!!

I second the boycott - I'll be sure to take my business (and tips) elsewhere

Anonymous said...

I will do a little research myself...but in the mean time I think a boycott is necessary. I can not believe the injustices, the workers here endure and now I come to find some cant even keep their tips!?

Post a Comment

NOTE: By making a post/comment on this blog you agree that you are solely responsible for its content and that you are up to date on the laws of the country you are posting from and that your post/comment abides by them.

To read the rules click here

If you would like to post content on this blog click here