18 December, 2005

ROYALTY STRUCK

OMIGOD OMIGOD OMIGOD!
Sorry I sound like a total nut.
But I was just in Carre4 with the kids, and there I was putting apples in a bag.
I turned and almost banged into someone and was about to say something when I looked up and saw 5-6 local men in a little group in front of me.
There in the middle was HH Sheikh Maktoum.
I was zapped speechless. I did so want to say SALAM ALEIKUM, but having no idea whatsoever of ROYAL PROTOCOL, just shuffled quietly to the side and stared awed and totally dazed.
Of all the places in the UAE. WOW!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I assume this was Carrefour in Abu Dhabi?

Was it the Vice-President (and Ruler of Dubai) Sheikh Maktoum Bin Rashid al-Maktoum? Or was it another Maktoum?

Anyway, these are pretty down-to-earth people. All you got to do is say, "Assalaamu-Aleikum, your Highness" and proceed to kiss him on the nose...

B.D. said...

You do sound like a total nut! Anyway, I probably would have been dumbstruck too.

Post a Comment

NOTE: By making a post/comment on this blog you agree that you are solely responsible for its content and that you are up to date on the laws of the country you are posting from and that your post/comment abides by them.

To read the rules click here

If you would like to post content on this blog click here