22 September, 2006

Nightly Lights

My friends and I were out in a park in The Meadows about an hour ago and we were sitting on the bench and talking. Between the leaves of the palm tree that was beside us, I saw a some bright red lights in the sky. I jolted up and saw that there were actually five of them - five bright orangish-red lights, floating in the sky like balloons on fire. They weren't stationary like the stars around them, they were actually moving. And they looked bigger than the stars, so they must've been closer.

One of my friends screamed "UFO!" without hesitation and the other one followed suit. I was like, "Maybe they're just balloons. Or maybe it's the government doing something silly." I dunno what prompted me to say the second sentence.

Slowly, as we watched, the lights moved from north to south, across the sky. They were diminishing in brightness as they floated by. All three of us by now were really excited and thanking our lucky stars [no pun intended] that we were witnessing something like this. "Oh, I've never seen anything like this before." "Oh, this is so beautiful." "I'm so glad we came here."

Awed and amazed. Did anybody else spot these floating orangish-red lights other than us three teens? What do you think they were? Has this happened before? I don't have a picture right now, but my friends clicked some really useless pictures of the sky with their cell phones - the lights appeared as mere dots on a black background.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

hook me up with whatever your taking

secretdubai said...

It's angels putting up the new moon ready for Ramadan ;)

Anonymous said...

This was Thursday... beginning of a weekend and time just before Ramadan. My friend, are you sure both of you were not too inebriated?!

podme said...

My bet is that it's just part of the dubailand testing process - they will no doubt be part of the Arabian heritage show - as silly as that sounds! I've seen them at various shows and they sometimes come with a pilot of sorts... Then again I could be wrong and it could really be angels getting ready for Ramadan!

Kiwi Boy said...

Anonymous @ 1:53, I was just smelling some of those pretty white flowers that were lying in the grass.

SD - You know, I was actually telling my friends about Lot and the angels coming to him in the form of humans [from the Bible] and after the lights had disappeared, I was like, "Ah, maybe they're angels going to take the form of humans soon."

Anonymous @ 2:01, sure we'd just got back from a party - but it was a house-warming party at a Muslim neighbor's home and there was not much to drink except Diet Coke and chlorinated swimming pool water.

Podme - they're testing things for Dubailand?

trailingspouse said...

they're testing things for Dubailand? Don't tell me, flying hotels!

Anonymous said...

Interesting... more so bcoz I live in that area!!! - D

Mrs. Azucena said...

I saw the same thing back in 1994 in New aJersey, USA. My two sons and I along with a friend saw five of them The were hovering over sacred heart cathedral near my home at the time. At first there were just three of them. Then after about two hours three more came along from the north and then the all moved off into the distance. Later on that week it was reported that some one had seen the same thing in Upstate New York, about two hours away by car.
Allah says there are many things that are hidden and only he and a few others have knowledge of them.
Allahu 'Alim wa huwa semiul atheem

Kiwi Boy said...

Anonymous @ 18:57: Cool! A neighbor!

Azucenmaryam: At least someone belives me! Thank you. Did you find out what exactly the lights that you saw New Jersey's skies might have been?

Anonymous said...

I'm the "neighbour" again... for some reason I'm not allowed to comment on your blog! Most infuriating!!! - D

bandicoot said...

That should explain where all the aliens in Dubai come from!

Anonymous said...

I saw the same thing in the Meadows!! But this was last year, around February 2005 or so? There was around 10 of them and they moved around very slowly and gradually. Anyway I've left a comment on your site kiwi boy and went into more detail.

Post a Comment

NOTE: By making a post/comment on this blog you agree that you are solely responsible for its content and that you are up to date on the laws of the country you are posting from and that your post/comment abides by them.

To read the rules click here

If you would like to post content on this blog click here