20 July, 2006

Pick Your Addiction

If you had to give up, for a year, all but one of three popular personal devices--the TV, the computer or your mobile--which is the one that you would hang onto? The TV probably ranks as the most ubiquitous entertainment appliance ever invented. Computers, being intertwined with business and the Internet, are all but essential in daily life. And mobiles, well, this is the UAE--is there any place on the planet that has more mobile phones per capita? Guess what my choice would be?

8 comments:

i, Bobo said...

If I had to, it would be the mobile -- which would be rough in the UAE, but not in the west these days. Mobile services in the west are now combining all three. In the US I use a phone that runs Windows and has wireless broadband service. So I have the phone, full net access, television & music downloads, and even SKYPE all on one device.

Now if only ETISALAT could get off its a*! and offer a service like that.

And if pigs could fly...

Harsha said...

i'd stick on to a computer as long as it had internet

Tainted Female said...

Net surfing on the mobile in the UAE is expensive and impractical in the UAE. I'd stick with my computer (as harsha said, so long as it had net) and give up the rest.

LuluDXB said...

computer with net access...

secretdubai said...

The computer. I don't even have TV as such (I have a TV, but I use it solely for DVDs and videogaming, there's no aerial attached). And I hate using my mobile.

Woke said...

Thats an easy choice isnt it? The computer with netacess is like a superset of the other mediums/devices.

Grumpy Goat said...

I'd give up the telly. As it is, I don't have cable or satellite so I'd not be missing much.

Ahsan Ali said...

gombuter

Post a Comment

NOTE: By making a post/comment on this blog you agree that you are solely responsible for its content and that you are up to date on the laws of the country you are posting from and that your post/comment abides by them.

To read the rules click here

If you would like to post content on this blog click here